Thank you for your interest in working with Palermo Body!
Palermo Body is hiring a Production Assistant! This position is a part-time role with a minimum of 15 and up to 30 available hours per week. The positions main responsibilities will be contributing to the team as a support role in order to strengthen and enhance our workflow organization.
As the Production Assistant for Palermo Body, you will fill a vital support role on our team as we enter our busiest time of year. You MUST be excited about working in a small startup environment with the ability to approach daily challenges with a positive mentality.
About Palermo Body: We are a team of four women who enjoy working in a small business environment. We work out of a small office in South Williamsburg where we produce each of our products with a great deal of care and pride. We aim to maintain making our high-quality products while always looking for new ways to make our processes more efficient and effective. The holiday season is our busiest time of year with lots of things going on and multiple tasks to juggle. We are looking for a goal-oriented individual to join our team who enjoys problem solving and isn’t afraid of a challenge. We take our work very seriously so if you feel like you’d be a great fit, we’d like to meet you!
- Logging raw materials and finished goods inventory: this includes natural oils, butters, clays, essential oils, glass packaging, boxes etc.
- Package and stock products, keeping finished inventory organized and easily accessible for shipping.
- Unloading and organizing raw materials and packaging shipments (our deliveries range between 25-50 pounds).
- Packing retail and wholesale orders with care and attention to detail.
- Participate in shared “housekeeping tasks” such as sweeping, cleaning production dishes, and maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
- Must have acute attention to detail and enjoy repetitive tasks.
- Work with the goal of completing projects with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong communication skills: you aren’t afraid to tell us what you need, how things are going, if you’re struggling, when you're in need of assistance.
- Physical strength - lifting boxes up to 50 lbs, standing on your feet for 7-8 hours a day.
- Positive energy. We work in small quarters, so a good attitude and ability to work closely beside each other is crucial.
- Self-motivated to perform well and aspire to improve.
- Open to constructive critique and are able to take direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills + motivation: you see something that needs to get done, and you take action to resolve right away.
- Ability to learn quickly + adaptability: things are changing constantly and will shift at a moment's notice. You are not thrown off by this and are flexible to change.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You are motivated by deadlines and love to cross things off your list.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
Previous experience working in skincare is not required, however, experience in food preparation, service industry, retail or other manual labor positions is ideal. This is a manufacturing position with the responsibility of producing high-quality products for our growing company.
HOW TO APPLY:
Tell us why you would be amazing for this job by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “JOB INQUIRY – PRODUCTION ASSISTANT” in the subject line. Please attach a resume and write a short description about yourself in the body of the email -- we want to know about your interests and why you'd like to join our team! Social media links are welcome.
Part Time. Based in our (South Williamsburg) Brooklyn, NY studio